MYTHOLOGY MEME | (1/2) LOCATIONS
THE CRETAN LABYRINTH (better known as the Minotaur’s Maze) was an elaborate maze-like construction designed by the architect Daedalus and his son Icarus, on the command of King Minos of Crete. Once, wanting to offer a sacrifice in honor of his uncle Poseidon, Minos asked Poseidon to send the best bull he could find from the sea. The bull was so beautiful that Minos didn’t sacrifice him, but instead kept him with his flock (or in the palace gardens). To revenge Minos for not keeping his promise, Poseidon made the bull so ferocious and dangerous that his eventual capture in Crete became one of the twelve feats of Hercules (Cretan Bull). When Pasiphae, his immortal wife, saw the bull she fell in love and coupled with him. She was able to couple with him with the help of Daedalus, who constructed a wooden likeness of a cow, in which Pasiphae hid. From this union the monster Minotaur was born, a humanoid being with a bull’s head, which Minos promptly jailed in the Labyrinth, an enormous construction in Knossos. (x) (x)
Can you imagine that conversation?
Pasiphae: Hey, Daedalus, could you make me a sort of cow outfit?
Daedalus: Excuse me?
Pasiphae: Look, I’ve got this wicked crush on that bull of Minos’, I mean, look at him, can you even blame me, but he doesn’t seem very interested in me in my present form. So I need to look more, I don’t know, cowish, you know?
Daedalus: You want me to make you a cow suit so you can fuck a bull?
Daedalus: This is not why I became an architect.
I had to stare at this for like a whole 45 seconds before realizing that it was okay to proceed on my own
"IM the adult" I whispered as I booped ok with the tip of my nose
urban dictionary has saved me from asking so many awkward questions
The Hannibal fandom extends a cordial invitation to ALL THE FANDOMS in Tumblr to join us for dinner.
Our beloved show is currently struggling with ratings, and as you all understand, that can be quite a sticky situation to be in if you want to have a show you love renewed for another season.
So here we are, asking you people to help us help Will Graham and get the show going for many more seasons. We would be more than thrilled to have more people to share this intelligent, elegant and utterly superb show with, as well as the madness of our fandom.
Watch Hannibal Friday at 10/9c on NBC.
I think “helpushelpwillgraham” just became the tag for this
I know this is a Benedict blog, but this is important to me. This isn’t a “hey turn on our tv show to insult Bieber fans.” This is a legit plee. I understand that the show is gory and trigger-some to people. If you have recording ways on cable or dish, just hit record. It counts as a view. You can delete it right after! No need to even see it! Please, if you can, do this for us!
here you go tumblr
This is the dumbest fucking thing…
1. You reference studies that show both men and women CAN BE sexually aroused due to nipple stimulation but go on to ignore the fact that men are included to advance your theory that women’s nipples are sexual objects intended for men’s entertainment.
2. Just because something can be sexually arousing when stimulated does not equate it with your genitals. Most people, of all genders, become sexually aroused when their ears are stimulated; are you going to argue that those should be covered as well? Although, I suppose you would just be interested in covering women’s ears…
3. It is hilarious that you use the fact that men find breasts attractive (in this elementary school hetero–normative understanding of evolution) to be a legitimate reason why we should consider breast to be sexual organs. These cavemen in your watered-down Darwin example were also drawn to females with more fatty tissue in all areas of their bodies as well as long hair. By your reasoning, all women should wear a burqa regardless of religious context.
4. Not all cultures and regions prohibit women from uncovering their breasts so your whole argument comes off as ignorant, imperialistic, racist bull shit. Oh, and really God damned sexist.
5. Your whole argument is flawed from the get go because it hinges on the doxa of a hetero–normative gender binary which is scientifically false. This goes beyond identity and sexuality; people are not only born with XX or XY chromosomes, and formation of external gender is incredibly nuanced and varied. Men with XY chromosomes can and do develop breasts that look and act just as a female with XX chromosomes do.
You have no idea what you’re talking about, so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
i can almost hear the mic drop from here
Oh, so women can’t dress how they want because men can’t control their sexual urges? When dogs can’t control their sexual urges, we cut off their balls.
I think I’m onto something here.
Change the way we think: let’s make something happen
To have a better understanding of yourself and this world and answers to life itself, go search “Albert Einstein” in the tumblr tags, then select ‘quotes’. 68 years later and his words of wisdom from his ideas have caused us to evolve our way of thinking. He puts the answers (we’ve always been searching for) into such simple terms so that we may not only just fully understand, but be aside ourselves with a newfound sense of wonder because we have this whole outlook on life. It’s like Einstein unlocked the door for us- and now we can go beyond that door to a whole new dimension of understanding.
Reblog a quote that changed your perception! Now write about whatever thought crosses your mind- write about the new ideas that have appeared into your mind whether they be immensely silly or drastically profound. Question everything; think outside of the box. Let’s stop being mediocre and try thinking differently.